Virtual Investigator Meeting
Moving a previously scheduled face-to-face investigator meeting to a virtual platform and securing 100% attendance.
“Thanks to mdgroup the site initiations can go ahead as planned without delay and the study can start rather than being delayed.”
A clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company, that is focused on enabling normal lives for patients with autoimmune diseases, wanted to hold a previously scheduled face-to-face investigator meeting on a virtual platform, allowing those who were scheduled to attend in person to still be trained.
Moving this event online was necessary as a result of the travel embargo enforced by the COVID-19 pandemic. The client’s key challenges were:
- Engaging with delegates across different time zones
- Managing delegate registrations
- Ensuring there were no internet connectivity issues
- Providing translation into multiple languages
- Tracking attendance accurately
- Generating audience engagement
This is also the first time that the client had used a non-Webex platform to conduct a virtual meeting.
mdgroup was asked to facilitate a virtual investigator meeting for a novel drug for a clinical organisation who are expanding their pipeline with innovative therapies that could transform the lives of patients living with autoimmune diseases.
Finding the Perfect Platform
First, we facilitated a call with all key stakeholders and suppliers to ensure we fully understood their requirements, and it was possible to accommodate these in a virtual setting. We worked with our partner AV production company to identify a virtual meeting platform that would not only allow the meeting to take place, but also enable the client to record the presentation for future use, and allow for translations into Thai and Korean.
Creating a Seamless Process
After we fully understood the client’s requirements, we were confident we could meet them and facilitate a successful virtual investigator meeting to replace the previously planned in-person event. The next step was to map out a seamless step-by-step process to ensure the virtual meeting would run smoothly.
Our process included:
- Sending out save the date notifications to delegates
- Creating an easy-to-use registration website for delegates
- Working with our AV partner to ensure that registration links to the platform were managed in a timely manner
- Ensuring that presentation materials and the meeting agenda were received in good time for our suppliers and translators to incorporate them into their respective platforms, ensuring a seamless experience on the day
- Ensuring delegates received connectivity instructions and user guides on how to test their connections before the live event, giving us the best chance of addressing any connection issues in advance
- Scheduling pre-meeting training with presenters so they were comfortable using the new platform for the virtual meeting
- Attending the virtual meeting and monitoring attendees and presentations
- Providing post-event certification and follow up
The meeting went smoothly, and attendance was 100% (all registered attendees signed onto the platform and attended the meeting). As a result of this meeting being able to progress virtually rather than being postponed, site initiations can now go ahead as planned, and the study can start without delay.
Want to find out more about our event services?
We can support you with organising both physical and virtual meetings, through a variety of virtual solutions and platforms, depending on your needs.
mdgroup manages a wide variety of pharmaceutical events and investigator meetings across the globe, focusing on each stage of the clinical journey.
We work with a strong network of suppliers, providing a local service with a global reach. With 30+ years of experience in designing, building and executing meetings and events, we pride ourselves on our flexible, highly adaptable approach.
97% of our clients return to use our services again.
Contact us today for more information.