Version number, last update and Effective date: Version 1, last updated and effective from 25 May 2018
The statement below (“ Marketing Statement”) is directed to individuals (“You”/”Subscribers”) who:
- On their professional capacity, have been either invited and/or attended to an event organized by MDE Services Group Ltd and/or its affiliates (“we”/“us”/ "mdgroup") on behalf of its clients and have effectively opted-in to receive our marketing materials, information about our services, newsletters and other business related information (“Marketing Content”)
- have expressly consented to receive mdgroup Marketing Information through mdgroup website: https://mdgroup.com/en/
When you want to receive our Marketing Content or request information through our website, you trust us with your personal data. We are committed to keeping that trust and this starts with helping you understand our privacy practices.
This Marketing Statement describes the personal information pertaining to you that we collect, how it is used, shared, protected but also understand your rights regarding the use of your personal information by us.
When sending you our Marketing Content, we are relying on your consent to use your personal data and your remain free, at any time to unsubscribe to our mailing list by clicking on ‘Unsubscribe’ in the emails you are receiving or contact us at [email protected].
|Data controller – who are we?|
|mdgroup provides information through its website or Marketing Content to its Subscribers throughout the world. If you live in the United States, MD Services US Ltd is the data controller for your information. If you live outside the United States, MDE Services Group Ltd is the data controller.||
If you live in the United States, the data controller for the information you provide or that is collected by mdgroup is:
MD Services US Ltd
575 East Swedesford Road Suite 101 Wayne, PA 19087 United States of America
If you live outside the United States, the data controller for the information you provide or that is collected by mdgroup is:
MDE Services Group Ltd
Building 329 Doncastle Road, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 8PE United Kingdom
|The information we collect – categories and sources of personal data|
|mdgroup collects: - Information provided to us by you, up to and at the point of registering to receive our Marketing Content such as name, email address, phone number, your role and the organization you work for (from either our website or Cvent) - Information generated when you use our Marketing Content or otherwise communicate with us such as feedback, reviews, request for more information - Information relating to you from other sources communicated by mdgroup Service Providers (such as email marketing providers, digital marketing agencies)||
mdgroup collects the following categories of information:
1. Information provided by you
This includes information submitted when you:
- Sign up to receive our Marketing Content through our website or Cvent when registering for an event
- Contact our team for support or finding out more about our activities
- The personal information may include name, email address, phone number, professional capacity and organization you work in
2. Information generated when you use our Marketing Content This includes information submitted when you:
- use our Marketing Content and provide some feedback or request some more information
3. Information from other sources
These may include:
mdgroup may combine the information collected from these sources with other information in its possession.
|How will we use your information about you – purposes of collection and processing|
|mdgroup collects and uses your personal data for the following purposes: - To promote, support and improve the use of our services - To provide you with informational content about the healthcare and events sector such as newsletters, whitepapers… - For security purposes to confirm your identity - To support you if you have any questions or concerns - As may be required by law or to investigate any claims or disputes relating to your use of the services or the Marketing Content - To transfer your information in the case of a business operation we might be subject to (sale, merger, consolidation…)||
mdgroup uses the information it collects for purposes including:
1. Promotion, support and improvement of our services
- The Marketing Content we send you naturally includes information promoting the services we may (already or not) provide to you in relation to in particular, mdevents, patientprimary, mdtravel, mdtranslation, mdtechnologies, mdrecruitment, mdcorporate
- We value your opinion and as such the feedback you may provide to us may also help to improve our services but also our Marketing Content
2. Provision of informational content to you
- The Marketing Content can also contain materials of an informative nature relating to, in particular, the healthcare or events industries such as newsletters, whitepapers, or other business related topics
3. Safety and security
- In order to prevent fraud or identity misuse we may use your data to verify your identity against our records
- We may use the information we collect to assist you when you contact us and direct your questions to the relevant person, investigate and address your concerns
5. Legal proceedings and requirements
We may use the information we collect to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to your use of our services or the Marketing Content, or as otherwise required by applicable law.
6. To transfer your information
|Who do we share the data with – recipients|
|Some of our services require that we share information: - within our company group - service providers ensuring the marketing for us - for legal reasons or in the event of a dispute||
We may share the information we collect
1. Within mdgroup
We may share information within our different entities around the world where only necessary for the purposes outlined above. For example the person at mdgroup dealing with your request or handling a marketing campaign may need to communicate some of your information to another person at mdgroup.
2. Third parties: service providers
We may also share your information with service providers such as digital marketing agencies we use and email marketing companies handling marketing materials on our behalf like MailChimp.
Whenever sharing your information with third parties we ensure to the best of our abilities that appropriate safeguards are in place to protect your personal data, in particular with respect to your personal data transferred outside of the EEA.
3. For legal reasons or in the event of a dispute
we may also disclose your personal data 1) to our auditors, lawyers, accountants, consultants and other professional advisors insofar as it is reasonably necessary for the purposes of obtaining professional advice or managing legal disputes and risks; 2) where such disclosure is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
|Transfers and storage of your data outside of the European Economic Area|
|The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) for in particular enabling our team/service providers to deliver the services.||
The following people may not always be based in the EEA:
- Staff operating outside the EEA who work for us and who may be engaged in, the processing or fulfilment of your request or otherwise assist you to the extent required and necessary.
- Our selected service providers like MailChimp may not be based in the EEA and who may need to have access to your data to provide the services entrusted to them.
By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely, to prevent unauthorised access and misuse of personal data in accordance with the European Union rules on international transfers.
|How long do we keep your data for? Detention and deletion|
|Unless you request deletion of your information, we retain your information according to our retention policies unless the applicable laws require a longer/shorter retention period||
We retain your personal information in accordance with our retention policies taking into account a reasonable period of time after which we will be refreshing your consent where appropriate or otherwise delete your details.
When you unsubscribe, we will be removing your email address from our mailing list and ensure that the service providers ensuring the service on our behalf do the same.
You won’t be receiving any further Marketing Content from us.
However, your personal data will be kept on an ‘opt-out list’ that we will be keeping in accordance with our retention policies.
Our retention periods will vary depending on the type of data involved but generally we’ll refer to these criteria in order to determine a retention period:
- Whether we have a legal or contractual need to retain the data
- Whether we have a legitimate interest to keep the data in the event where you have not unsubscribed or request the deletion of your data
- Whether you have expressly requested your data to be deleted or merely unsubscribe
- Whether we may need to keep the data to handle any legal claims on which we may be subject to
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your data, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your data has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your data and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible
|How do we safeguard your personal data?|
|Appropriate and secured measures are taken by us to ensure protection of your personal data against unauthorised or unlawful use, loss, destruction or damage to it.||
- Limited access
Only certain people from mdgroup and outside mdgroup (for example our service providers) who really need to may request access to your personal data but only use them to the extent of performing their duties.
- Limited retention
Your personal data will be kept for no longer what our company retention policies say.
- Secured storage and technical measures
We ensure that your personal data is kept in secured locations and appropriate measures being undertaken to protect the confidentiality and integrity of the data but also avoid potential unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or loss.
|Your data - Your rights|
|Your principal rights under data protection law: - The right to access the data we hold about you - The right to request your personal data to be completed/rectified - The right to request your personal data to be erased - The right to restrict our use of your personal data - The right to complain to your local data protection authority||
1. Right to access
You have the right to be confirmed as to whether or not we process your personal data and, where we do, access your personal data. Providing the rights and freedoms of others are not affected, we will supply to you a copy of your personal data. This service and in particular the first copy will be provided free of charge, but we reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee to cover administrative charges in the event of additional requests from you. You can ask for your personal data by contacting us via email on [email protected]
2. Right to rectify/complete your data
We do our best to keep your personal data accurate and up to date, to the extent that you provide us with the information we need to do so. If your data changes (for example if you have a new email address), then you are responsible for notifying us of those changes. You have the right to have your personal data rectified and/or completed by contacting us via email on [email protected]
3. Erasure of your personal data
Upon your request, you may request your personal data to be deleted or simply unsubscribe to our marketing list by clicking on ‘Unsubscribe to receiving Marketing Content’ on the relevant sections on the emails and/or mdgroup website or merely contacting us via email on [email protected]
4. Restrict our use of your personal information
You may request under certain conditions our use of your personal data to be restricted by contacting us via email on [email protected]
5. Right to complain to a data protection authority
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their rights in accordance with applicable laws. We may ask you to verify your identity in order to help us respond efficiently to your request. You remain entitled to file a complaint about the collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities in the EEA are available.